Oil/Gas/land in Bryan County

Question
My husbands family owned land in Bryan county in the 1920's. They leased 5 acres to Ohio Oil Company. I want to check how much this is worth now.

M. Furgerson

Answer
The only way to do this with any accuracy is to hire a licensed real estate appraiser, one who is licensed to appraise Bryan County property (whichever state your county is in--Oklahoma and Georgia both have a Bryan County). If the real estate appraiser you contact cannot, or does not, do mineral rights appraisals, he or she most likely can direct you to one who does.  Failing that, you can also contact a public CPA and ask for a referral. Most public CPA's have specific appraisers they use regularly for when they are preparing a final inventory and accounting for an estate.  They need a mineral rights appraiser when the deceased owned mineral rights. I hope these leads will help you.

Oil/Gas

Marsha Breazeale, M.Ed., CDOA, CPLTA