Oil/Gas/Lease offer received

Question
Hi, A company sent an offer to purchase my husband's mineral intrest. The terms stated
$500 per acre under 3/16th royalty lease
$350 per acre under 1/8th royalty lease
Are they trying to buy my husband's share or continue to lease? Is this fair or should we negotiate? It's 80 acres of land.

Answer
It's a lease offer, not an offer to purchase. Without knowing where they are it's impossible for me to tell you whether the offer is fair or not. You might read the Leasing Tips article I've posted on the Mineral Hub, as it explains the leasing process in detail. You can find it on the Mineral Hub website at http://www.mineralhub.com/2010/09/oil-and-gas-leasing-tips-part-one/

Hope this helps you out!
Frederick M. Scott CMM, RPL
The Mineral Hub
www.mineralhub.com

Oil/Gas

Frederick M. Scott