Oil/Gas/Lease renewal

Question
I have a mineral lease that had primary term of 3 Years, with a secondary term of 2 years. The primary term has just expired, on the 11th of this month. I have had no indication from the oil company, that they had any intension of optioning for the secondary term. The oil company did not record with the county, of a extension of the lease.

I made contact with the oil company to see if the had the intension of going into the secondary term, and finally got an an answer, that yes they want to, but they had sent payment to another party, to whom I bought the mineral rights from, threw another company. I can not find any record of an extension of the lease even threw that company. They did say that I had provided all the info for them to issue me the payment.
My questions are;
1. Does the oil company have to give you notice prior to the extension?
2. Does it have to be recorded?
3. Can the oil company extend the lease, even after the expiry of the primary?

Thank you in advance
Danny

Answer
I don't have enough information to answer this question.  The language of the lease controls.  What does it say?  Are you saying that you are an original party to the lease, or some other person is?  If you would like to fax me a copy of your lease, I would be happy to look at it for you.  

Oil/Gas

Mark Bonner