Oil/Gas/Mineral rights for a joint oil right

Question
My mother inherited to mineral rights ro Propery Ellanrd Dutcher SA UT Tr-8, Legal Description NW/4 SE/4 & N/2 W/2 NE/4 SW/4 of Section 19-16N-14E.  It is owned by relatives of the original owner who dies years ago and left it to them.  Some of them have passed and left it to their children, etc etc.  We have been trying to obtain information from Sunoco Partners Marketing & Terminals L.P. and have been getting nothing from them except the runaround.  We think it is oil and natural gas, but they are not sending us any information.  We would like to know who all the owners are, how much is being produced every year, who gave them authority to be in charge and disburse funds which is usually about .05 cents.  We would like a copy of the lease, and all the breakdowns, which are never given.   We  have sent in death certificates of those owners who have died and never get responses from any one.  Can you help us, or direct me to where I can get help to find out exactly what we have and where all the money is going?
Sherry Bays
, Karen McClanaham  , my email address is
bayssherry @hotmail.com
Thank you for your quick response.  Is there anything we can send to you or someone who can help us.????

Answer
Sherry,
I regret to respond with: "Welcome to the world of mineral ownership"! You are not alone in your frustrating situation! There are many, many other mineral owners [including myself!!] that deal with these issues everyday. There's not many days that I don't say:
a) the laws were written by the Operators, in favor of the Operators
b) as a mineral owner, you own a 'passive' interest and are not in the driver's seat, so to say. You must:
  .....'wait and see' whether a well will be drilled
  ..... whether the well will be a good producer and
  ..... whether you will be paid this month or next month, or the next

First I'd like to say that Sunoco Partners Marketing & Terminals LP, may be the Operator, or they may only be the transporter of the oil/gas and they would not be able to answer your previous inquiries because they don't have the type of information you are requesting. The Operator of the well would be the one who has the ownership information.  

Here are my suggestions for your situation:
1)   Each state has an oil and gas commission internet site. Go to the site and find out who the Operator is for the wells producing in your section.  When you determine this, then
2)   Send a certified letter, return receipt requested, to the Operator(s) providing how the interest was inherited (go as far back as you can validly provide the dates of death for the owners), including a copy of the death certificates.  
3)   Be sure to provide the legal description of the property and provide them with your contact information (email, telephone number, and mailing address), and ask them to respond to your letter within the time frame allowed by law under the mineral code of your state.  
This should get the ball rolling with them.  

Kindest regards,  

Oil/Gas

Laura M. FitzGerald, CPL