Oil/Gas/Offer to purchase mineral rights

Question
I received a call with an offer to purchase mineral rights I own in Dewey County.  Do you know of any activity going on in Dewey County?  I'm trying to determine if now is a good time to sell or if I should continue to hold them.  I have leased them twice in the past.  Do you know if new leases are being signed in section 13 and 14?

Answer
Parts of Dewey County (Oklahoma I presume?) are fairly active, however it is a large area and so without a more accurate legal description it's hard for me to tell you what's going on in your specific area. You can always check current drilling and permitting activity by visiting the Oklahoma Corporation Commission website. They are the regulatory body for the oil and gas industry in Oklahoma and post forced-pooling orders, drilling permits, producing info etc. on the oil and gas portion of their website, which I believe is www.occeweb.com.

If you do decide it's a good time to sell I would definitely suggest listing them for sale with us on the Mineral Hub (www.mineralhub.com) where they will get the most exposure. More eyeballs = more offers = better idea of true market value.

If you're not ready to sell that's fine too. When/if you are though, please keep the Mineral Hub in mind as we've helped a lot of people get their mineral rights sold with a minimum of hassle.

Hope this helps you out!
Frederick M. "Mick" Scott CMM, RPL
The Mineral Hub
www.mineralhub.com

Oil/Gas

Frederick M. Scott