Oil/Gas/Offer to purchase mineral rights

I received a call with an offer to purchase mineral rights I own in Dewey County.  Do you know of any activity going on in Dewey County?  I'm trying to determine if now is a good time to sell or if I should continue to hold them.  I have leased them twice in the past.  Do you know if new leases are being signed in section 13 and 14?

Parts of Dewey County (Oklahoma I presume?) are fairly active, however it is a large area and so without a more accurate legal description it's hard for me to tell you what's going on in your specific area. You can always check current drilling and permitting activity by visiting the Oklahoma Corporation Commission website. They are the regulatory body for the oil and gas industry in Oklahoma and post forced-pooling orders, drilling permits, producing info etc. on the oil and gas portion of their website, which I believe is

If you do decide it's a good time to sell I would definitely suggest listing them for sale with us on the Mineral Hub ( where they will get the most exposure. More eyeballs = more offers = better idea of true market value.

If you're not ready to sell that's fine too. When/if you are though, please keep the Mineral Hub in mind as we've helped a lot of people get their mineral rights sold with a minimum of hassle.

Hope this helps you out!
Frederick M. "Mick" Scott CMM, RPL
The Mineral Hub

Frederick M. Scott

Oil and gas leasing, lease negotiations, how to best deal with the oil and gas companies or their representatives, buying/selling mineral rights, forced-pooling, correlative rights, deeds and conveyances, and "post-production" costs. I am most experienced with Oklahoma properties and laws, but am able to answer questions concerning other oil and gas producing states in many cases.

I am a Certified Professional Mineral Manager (CMM) certified by the National Association of Royalty Owners (NARO) in Tulsa, OK. I am also a Registered Professional Landman (RPL) with the American Association of Professional Landmen (AAPL). I have managed my family's oil and gas properties in Oklahoma for over 10 years and have dealt with many landmen, title analysts, attorneys and other oil and gas professionals in the process. I have written several articles which have appeared in various oil and gas industry magazines and newsletters. I have negotiated and drafted leases, prepared deeds, affidavits, and other legal instruments relating to my own minerals, as well as performed title, legal research, and curative work for same. I have acquired a good deal of knowledge on the subjects of oil and gas law, mineral appraisal, and landwork over the past ten years, and also worked as a professional landman and lease buyer for a time. I've seen the business from "both sides" and therefore feel confident I can help out most of the folks who ask questions in this forum.

National Association of Royalty Owners (NARO); American Association of Professional Landmen (AAPL)

National Association of Royalty Owners "Action Report" (ROAR); NADOA Magazine, The Mineral Hub, Landman Magazine, and several royalty owner association group's newsletters.

Certified Mineral Manager (CMM), Registered Professional Landman (RPL)