Oil/Gas/Property in Pottawatomie County OK

Question
Sir
I am one of many heirs to the property known as W1/2 NW1/4 of section  24 township 7N, Range 3E Pottawatomie County, Oklahoma.

To my knowledge, the last know leaseing efforts were in 1977 by a W.R.Gray & asoc of Oklahoma city. my question is what drilling activity has or is being done on the property, would it be prudent to pursue any leasing agreements or other intrests in said property. thank you in advance.

Answer
The Oklahoma Corporation Commission is the State regulatory body for oil and gas in Oklahoma. On the OCC website (www.occeweb.com) you can search for drilling permits, completion reports, as well as current or past production figures for wells near where your mineral rights are located. You'd need to have the legal description handy (Section, Township, Range) in order to narrow your search down to the correct area. You could also visit the county clerk's office in the county where your mineral rights are located and search for recently-filed oil and gas leases in your immediate area since leases are also a good indicator of the activity in a given area.  

Hope this helps you out!
Frederick M. "Mick" Scott CMM, RPL
The Mineral Hub
www.mineralhub.com

Oil/Gas

Frederick M. Scott