Oil/Gas/Leasing mineral rights myself?

Question
Dear sir, I m trying to find the leasing land to find the oil and gas but people only trying to call me to buy my mineral oil which I' m not interested in selling mineral right. But i want to find the honest company to lease  my land to find mineral right oil and gas. Do you know some of them?

Answer
In most cases (by far) a potential lessee will contact YOU if they are interested in leasing your mineral rights, assuming they can find your contact info by searching the county clerk's records in the county where the mineral rights are located. Most companies are pretty good at finding people.

If you choose to contact a potential lessee yourself, then you could visit the county clerk's office either online or in person, or local abstractor's office and search for leases that have been filed near you RECENTLY (not several years ago). Each lessee's name, and usually their address as well, will be included on each lease and thus you could probably find a phone number for them using that info. If there is recent leasing activity nearby, then it's more likely they'd be interested in leasing yours as well.

You will perhaps be putting yourself at a negotiating disadvantage by contacting potential lessees yourself though, which is why I suggest just letting them contact you initially. In most cases if you don't see anyone leasing near you, or you haven't been contacted, it's likely there is little interest in leasing your area, and any deal you make will likely not be in your favor because the company probably wasn't that interested anyway since they hadn't contacted you.

I agree that people contacting you to SELL your mineral rights can be (is) annoying sometimes, but keep in mind that they probably wouldn't be contacting you unless there was "something going on" in the area. When I am contacted one of the first things I do is check around to see what is "going on" in the way of leasing, new wells, permits etc. in the area. This info could certainly come in handy during lease negotiations and could perhaps result in a higher bonus, better terms etc.  

Hope this helps you out!
Frederick M. "Mick" Scott CMM, RPL
The Mineral Hub
www.mineralhub.com

Oil/Gas

Frederick M. Scott