Oil/Gas/Selling Mineral Rights

Question
I am being approached by multiple sources inquiring as to my interest in selling mineral rights to property I have (under lease) in Dewey county, Oklahoma.  In the past I have been leery of giving up my mineral interests.  Should I reconsider in today's marketplace?  And if so, what basic terms/rates should I consider?

Thanks

Answer
"Giving up" your mineral rights might not be the best verb here, as of course you will "get" money for them so will hardly be giving them up, but I get what you're saying.

If you want to sell them check out www.mineralhub.com (my website). You can list them for sale there for free and we'll help you find a suitable buyer. We don't do free evaluations however, so please be sure you're actually wanting to sell them prior to actually listing them because we are not able to "value" them for you unless you actually plan to sell them. You can find out more about how to value them properly (and how buyers likely will) on your own however, by checking out the "Mineral Hub News" page on the website. Should give you a good idea of what affects prices.

Reconsider selling in today's market? Well, no way to tell what tomorrow may bring unless (perhaps) you are God. Contrary to what people say about being able to predict where the market is going I don't buy it at all. If you're happy with today's prices then sell. If not, then don't sell. Marketplace today is as good as it's ever been, just with different prices. A market is a market. Good, or bad, is relative.

Hope this helps you out!
Frederick M. "Mick" Scott CMM, RPL
The Mineral Hub
www.mineralhub.com

Oil/Gas

Frederick M. Scott