Oil/Gas/Transferring mineral deeds to children

Question
I want to transfer deeds/royalties to my 3 adult children. I live in Wy. Deeds (4) are in Colorado, Weld County. Do I need an Atty to draw up docs, or could I use a Will, ie from LegalZoom? Is there a preferred way to do this? Thanks, Ron.

Answer
Preferred would be to have an attorney or someone else familiar with the process draw them up for you. Use Legal Zoom etc. at your own risk. You don't legally HAVE to use an attorney and could draft them yourself if you're able, but I'd suggest not doing that if you're not familiar with the process as the wording will be important.

Hope this helps you out!
Frederick M. "Mick" Scott CMM, RPL
The Mineral Hub
www.mineralhub.com

Oil/Gas

Frederick M. Scott