Oil/Gas/mineral lease and seismic report

Question
i am the lessor of 200 acres of mineral rights only.   the lease is located in kern county; state of California 25 miles north of Bakersfield and the lease is held by occidental petroleum.  there was a 3-D seismic shoot done in late july 2010.  my question is...do I have the right to a copy of the seismic data report?
thank you,
david

Answer
The answer to your question depends on the terms of your lease.  You say you are a Lessor, so I understand that to mean that you signed a lease some time back.  Look at the terms of your lease.  If it has a clause in it saying that you are entitled to a copy of seismic reports, then yes, you can request it.  If the lease does not have such a clause in it, you are not entitled.

Oil/Gas

Marsha Breazeale, M.Ed., CDOA, CPLTA