Oil/Gas/Mineral Rights Acreage Search

Question
I have mineral rights in Oklahoma. How can I find out how many acres my mineral rights are on. I have been offered a lease for my mineral rights based on how many acres I have. The problem is I don't know how many acres it is & neither does the county clerk's office.

Answer
The County Clerk's Office doesn't "know" because it's their job to file deeds and other documents, not "run title" as it were. That said, the records ARE there and you can search through them for free to research your ownership. You can go to the Mineral Hub Articles page at www.mineralhub.com and scroll down to the article entitled "How Can I Locate Who Owns the Mineral Rights Under My Land?" to get an idea of what you'll need to do, or who to hire to do it for you if you don't want to do the research yourself.

Hope this helps you out!
Frederick M. "Mick" Scott CMM, RPL
The Mineral Hub
www.mineralhub.com

Oil/Gas

Frederick M. Scott