Oil/Gas/Producing wells

Greetings David.  I am researching numbers of producing oil and gas wells per country, split by onshore / offshore.  Can you point me to reference sources where I can get this information?  Thank you,

The onshore wells in the US are regulated by individual state agencies (see links for TX,LA & OK below) whereas the offshore wells (i.e. beyond the state borders in the water) are regulated by BSEE (see BSEE link below).

Here is the list for the rest of the state agencies (you can use Google for the websites).

Alabama State Oil and Gas Board
Alaska Oil & Gas Conservation Commission
Arkansas Oil and Gas Commission
California Department of Conservation, Division of Oil, Gas and Geothermal Resources
Colorado Oil and Gas Conservation Commission
Florida Geological Survey, Oil and Gas Section
Illinois Department of Natural Resources, Division of Oil and Gas
Indiana Department of Natural Resources, Division of Oil and Gas
Kansas Corporation Commission, Conservation Division
Kentucky Environmental and Public Protection Cabinet, Division of Oil and Gas Conservation
Michigan Department of Environmental Quality, Office of Geological Survey
Mississippi State Oil and Gas Board
Montana Department of Natural Resource Conservation, Board of Oil and Gas
Nebraska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission
New Mexico Energy, Minerals and Natural Resources Department, Oil Conservation Division
New York Department of Environmental Conservation, Division of Mineral Resources
North Dakota Industrial Commission, Department of Mineral Resources, Oil and Gas Division
Ohio Department of Natural Resources, Mineral Resources Management Division
Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection, Bureau of Oil and Gas Management
South Dakota Department of Environment and Natural Resources, Minerals and Mining Program, Oil
and Gas Section
Utah Department of Natural Resources, Division of Oil, Gas and Mining
Virginia Department of Mines, Minerals and Energy, Division of Gas & Oil
West Virginia Department of Environmental Protection, Office of Oil and Gas
Wyoming Oil and Gas Conservation Commission

Federal Offshore Wells (BSEE)

I am not familiar with how the other countries around the world gather their data; however, if you are willing to pay a fee for this information then the company at the link below should be able to help you obtain your information.  

David Traugott

I can answer questions related to the technical issues associated with the drilling and completing of oil and gas wells; very familiar with the cementing process, LWD tools and Coiled Tubing operations. Limited knowledge of mineral rights and/or royalties.

Seventeen years working as an engineer in the industry both in the field and in the office. Field locations include offshore, land, and overseas. Office locations include Lafayette, LA and Houston, TX.

SPE Drilling and Completion Magazine, World Oil, Harts E&P.

Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, UL Lafayette 1995. Strategic MBA, University of Houston-Victoria 2010

Major and Independent Oil and Gas Companies.