Oil/Gas/producing wells

my sister my self and one of my cousens just found out that there are two producing gas wells on property we have mineral rights on . the wells are being pumped by xto co.the wells are in hughes co. in section 1-sn-10e,xto brooks1-25h-36x1and xto jones 1-h-12 both wells have a surface location another section.we think ah have been producing since 2009 but we are not sure,what we would like to know is can some one start producing with out our knowledge. the other relatives that have rights on this property know where we live and have for 40 years,can they be getting paid and can they be getting money that is due us. is it xtos duty to tell every one that has rights that they have compensation due them and do the other owners have to tell us and xto also so they can start a conversation with us. thank you robert

I may have just answered this question a few minutes ago. Is the Hughes County in Oklahoma or some other state?  Do you own a partial interest with your relatives, in the same piece of land? You need to contact XTO (you can Google them), preferably in writing (so they can't ignore you per company rules about letters as opposed to a phone call) and ask they why you are not being paid.  Give them the two well names you list here, and county and state. They will be able to look up the rest in their computer database. If you inherited your interest but never filed any paperwork into the deed records in Hughes County, that could be why you aren't being paid--but XTO should be able to tell you what's going on.

To be clear, none of your relatives can get your share of the royalties. Those royalties can be paid only to you if you have clear title, or paid to Oklahoma or XTO's state of incorporation if they couldn't find you or never had an address for you. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Marsha Breazeale, M.Ed., CDOA, CPLTA

All questions regarding division orders; ownership decimal calculations; title ownership and payer record changes (testate/intestate inheritance; deed; assignment; court order); oil and gas lease analysis for record-keeping and purposes of payment by operator or payer; pooling, horizontal wells, horizontal well allocation units; unclaimed property reporting; royalty owner relations questions. All questions concerning administration of surface land contracts and payment questions, such as for Surface Right-of-Way, Sub-Surface Right-of-Way, Easement, Surface Use Agreement. All questions regarding industry-standard and company-specific policies that affect land owners.

Sr. Staff Division Order Analyst. Certified Division Order Analyst (CDOA, National Association of Division Order Analysts) and Certified Lease Analyst (CPLTA, National Association of Professional Lease and Title Analysts) with 35 years of experience as a combination division order analyst and lease analyst in exploration and production in the oil and gas industry.

National Assoc. of Division Order Analysts (NADOA), National Association of Division Order Analysts (NALTA), American Association of Professional Landmen (AAPL), American Society of Trainers and Developers (ASTD)

"How an Oil & Gas Exploration & Production Company Operates" and "Principles of Oil & Gas Lease Analysis: Standard Clauses", Oil Patch Press; Articles in NADOA Magazine; LandFocus EDU Professional Training Manuals

Education/Credentials Management from Our Lady of the Lake University in San Antonio; M.Ed. in Instructional Design from WGU Texas.

Past 15 years: GeoSouthern Energy Corporation; Contango Oil Co./Crimson Exploration & Operating Inc.; Apache Corporation; BP America; Marathon Oil; Newfield Exploration