Oil/Gas/1/3 gas rights

Question
My father and cousins have recently learned they are owners of gas rights within a tract of land in Warren PA.  They received an offer for $2200 by the refining company that owns the land and 1/3 interest in the gas.  Another party that owns 1/3 has been taking gas from the tract.  They have never received and royalties but have been owners of this interest for 23 years.  The party that has been taking gas has not reported amounts taken even though the state has ordered them to do so.  I believe the offer is low and that they are owed royalties for any production during the 23 years.  The refining company has filed suit to halt all production and says they have no interest in developing the mineral rights on that tract.   Any advice or thoughts?

Answer
This question is outside my expertise because I am not an attorney licensed in Pennsylvania.  I must strongly, very strongly, urge you to convince at least your father to consult with an oil & gas attorney licensed in Pennsylvania because based on what you have told me here, this is information that could warrant legal action to protect your father's and cousins' land rights.  At the very least, I advise that no one sign anything until a lawyer has been consulted.  

Oil/Gas

Marsha Breazeale, M.Ed., CDOA, CPLTA