George wrote at 2008-02-09 04:43:53
It was Felicia backed with Bandstand Dancing on Seeco Records. The original was released in 1958 and reissued by Seeco in 1960. Seeco (NYC)was a Latin flavored label thus the accordian in the background. The lead sing was Bobby Groccia.

Lemmy My Boy wrote at 2008-09-24 18:19:44

Hey  Bruce Dixon  you were looking for Felicia,

well it was by Bobby & his orbits,

l was able to get it from Bitt torrents.

lluckylady2 wrote at 2009-01-16 05:36:17
the lead singer was named bobby groccia and his sister played in the band then They were from Huntington Long Island New York I knew him well I wish I could find out where he is today He played through the seventies in Huntington and eastern Long Island You can find his recordings on Youtube

jcj1 wrote at 2009-02-20 19:41:13
Bobby is my uncle.  His sister who lluckylady2 is referring to is my Mother, Maryjane.  the bass player of Bobby & the Orbits is my Father, John.  I think they had even better music after "Felicia".  "Felicia" was nice and simple but songs like "Fool", "I Can't Make It", "It Just Can't Be", and "What Do I Say" are classics!  I still see former Band Members like Tom Juliano (sax player), Joe Costa (former drummer)etc....

We still play when the Family gets together!

Doug wrote at 2009-07-30 13:19:58
Bobby and His Orbits, 1958 - "Felicia" backed by "Bandstand Dancing" - Two of the truly great forgotten songs and finally available on youtube.

zonajoe wrote at 2009-08-04 01:36:59
jcj1- I used to love to go to the Cloud 9 and listen to Bobby and the Orbits. My band "The Ivy" played there a few times but Bobby & The Orbits were there most times. You say John Juliano is your dad he is a great bassist one of the best I remember from that era on the Island. Is he still playing?

jcj1 wrote at 2010-01-08 20:08:01
They are still playing. "The Ivy" I will mention that name to my Father.  his memory is like a steel trap... so I am sure he'll remember it.  On another note today we just went out to lunch with Rick Mango from Jay and the Americans.  He is a riot!

eric gerard wrote at 2016-01-16 20:49:32
Yes those were great times Cloud Nine. I was always there to listen and dance to the BEST BAND of the times. Bobby & Maryann and John, and Frenchy, the Bread and butter man with his high voice.

Most of all the sounds of Bobby and the group at break time sitting out side and harmonizing to the oldies. Mr Sould Bobby and Maryjane

so talented at the keyboard and vocal perfection.

Wish you could CD some more songs from the times of the era. What do you think?

Jeremy Letter

Singer-Songwriter Music and Classic Soul of the 1970s and 1980s. If it was soft, soulful, or catchy I can probably help you. One-Hit-Wonders are usually a snap for me in this area. Neo-soul fans, have you ever heard "Part Time Party Time Man" by The Futures? What pop singer offered his vocals to The Squeeze, Mike & the Mechanics, and Ace? From Stephen Bishop, to The Delfonics, to Falco, singer-songwriters are my area of expertise. Note: I have little to no knowledge of country & western, punk, or metal of this era. MY TURN-AROUND TIME IS BETWEEN 2-4 DAYS.

Record store manager, Club DJ, Radio DJ, radio-child.

7 years of instrumental education (piano, flute, guitar), 7 years of vocal training, 2 years soft-rock/ metal/ hip-hop radio intern.