Oldies/seeking song title and/or artist of early 1980 song using lyrics

Lonnie wrote at 2008-03-01 04:16:04
Lisa/Sean:

I also have this song which I recorded off the radio about the same timeframe.  It is also one of my favorite songs.  I've been searching for the title and artist of this song for a long, long time and like you, cannot find any trace of it.  I'll keep looking and I'll let you all know if I find anything.

Ed in SF wrote at 2008-03-16 23:04:43
"Say You Will" was a single released in 1982, by the group "Blanket Of Secrecy" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blanket_of_Secrecy)

It's a great song; I bought the album myself, way back when.

cheers,

Ed in SF

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The lyrics are:

I don't wanna feel this way another day... it's killing me

I don't wanna be the one you try to mess around

I could never see the reason in the way you looked at me

Baby, you're the one I want... so come on 'cause I need you now

Say you will (say you will) stay with me tonight 'cause you won't be sorry (stay with me tonight)

Don't say (say you will) you're gonna lose your love this way

I could never give you everything you ever wanted from me

Every time I try, I always get a kick in the face

I could never feel that I could never do without you girl

Oh, but tell me that you want me... tell me you really care

Please don't say (say you will) you're gonna lose your love with way

Oh, yes my life is so empty since I let you go (since I let you go)

I would think that you'd know (oh, I know)

If you give me your love, I know it's gonna be all right

Tonight... baby, tonight... baby, tonight

-- - - - -

fxhenry wrote at 2008-04-24 00:28:13
It was one of my favorite songs in high school!  If I remember correctly, the name of the album was "The Ears Have Walls".

Thank you for bringing that back to me...

FX in NYC

will wrote at 2008-10-11 22:28:15
Lisa, in the song you're referencing, was there also a line about "I'm such a lonely, lonely man/I hope that you can understand"?

There is a song from the same time period of the song you're talking about that I've been trying to find...some of the lyrics are similar (stay with me tonight).

whammo wrote at 2009-02-27 09:04:16
wow, i've been looking for this same song for ages (i had it on a "seduction" mix tape in college), and still have no leads. best of luck to us both, lisa.

mike4017 wrote at 2009-06-16 06:51:02
wow thank you all for your help! I have had this song on a few of my old tapes ,taped it off the radio and for years have been trying to find out the name of it and what band performed it..again Thanks

Faychek wrote at 2011-02-10 17:02:39
Thanks for the information, guys! I only wish I had recorded it off the radio or something when I first heard it in New Jersey in my High School days. I checked iTunes; Amazon; others, and NADA digitized copy of the song anywhere. Makes me very sad to rely on brain cells to stimulate fond memories of an innocent time in my life. Oh well.

Will HARTMAN wrote at 2011-04-12 00:22:59
The song I was looking for has been found.  It was by a band called Point Blank, and the song was Let Me Stay With You Tonight.  (Alas it's not quite as good as I remembered it to be, but was still nice to finally solve the mystery)

daocac wrote at 2012-09-06 22:01:39
The name of the band is Asia, but like you, I have not found this song anywhere, It's a rare song and always listened in the clubs and discotheques. I hope that you can find it. In case that I find it tell me where I can contact and I send it with great pleasure. Best regards. David

Chris wrote at 2013-03-24 01:51:42
for Ed in SF re: Blanket of Secrecy - THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. I know you will probably never even read this but you helped me find a song I have been looking for FOREVER... Looks like Amazon will have an mp3 version of the album available on June 13, 2013.

xoxoxo!

Oldies

Sean Wright