Oldies/old logging/logger song

Ron wrote at 2013-10-03 15:24:05
First heard this song on TV sung by Odetta, early 1950's.  For some reason (McCarthy era maybe) it was banned.  We have a recording made of it from the TV show, and I have traced it to Odetta and have a CD of her singing in San Francisco.  We have been singing it since I was 7 or 8.  I am now 67.  A few years later, the Weavers sang it. To clarify, I am talking about The Frozen Logger Song.  I cannot remember who wrote it.

Steve Ramm

My expertise is in REAL OLDIES from 1890s- 1930. 78s as well as Edison Cylinders. I can also answer some Phonograph questions though I'm not a repair person

35 years of collecting as well as reviewing reissues of this material. I've taught a number of antique classes on early record collecting.

Member of various phonograph societies around the world as well as the Association for Recorded Sound Collections (ARSC)

Discoveries, Antique Phonograph News, In The Groove