Oldies/childrens song

fanfacts wrote at 2008-05-25 06:11:21
The song "God Bless Us All" was originally recorded and released in the USA (1953) by Jimmy Boyd on Columbia Records. He introduced the song on the Ed Sullivan Show.

Draftman1956 wrote at 2009-10-03 18:47:35
I too am in my early 50s and I came searching for answers on this same record. Like the initial post I asked the same question about the Lyrics to "God Bless Us All" When I was a child living in Springhill Nova Scotia, during the big Mine Disaster of 1958, we received a deluge of aid from the State of Georgia. Among the things sent for children was a batch of "red" coloured 78 RPM records (I suspect ALSO recorded under the Peter Pan Label since I remember the logo from when I was a child). I would play these all the time and had the lyrics and melody engrained in my memory for this song in particular. Thank you for your posting and the answer....nice to know someone out there still remembers this song.....

KR Barrie, Ontario CA

famesteve wrote at 2011-10-18 02:09:37
I believe this was the same song originally recorded on Columbia Records by Jimmy Boyd of "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus" fame. It's unfortunate that Peter Pan records didn't have Bobby Dixon do a version of that song also.

edfoley wrote at 2012-06-07 21:02:45
This song was re recorded in 1987 in a pretty faithful arrangement by the band NRBQ on their live album "God Bless Us All"  

dlee wrote at 2013-02-02 15:40:48
I remember this song vividly and the tune which I can play on the piano.  There are some words missing from the lyrics provided like, "bless the circus acrobats, please never let them fall."  On the other side of the record was, I think, Marco the Polo Pony.  I also remember that song and know that tune and the words, or at least to the best of my recollection.

elvthis wrote at 2013-03-09 21:48:47
My parents insisted that I sing this song every time we had company(guests)....there is a version by Brucie Weil 78 RPM  1953 on you tube....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4h4thJw_vR0

KT wrote at 2013-09-01 04:09:59
Hi all. I've never posted here before, so hope it's okay to do this, but here is a you tube link to a recording of the song. It was one of my favorites as a youngster, too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pyvxqp5_nmA

Barb wrote at 2014-02-11 17:31:03
I remember part of another verse."bless the circus acrobats and never let them fall. God bless the folks I love. God bless us all."

Richard wrote at 2014-12-18 04:43:53
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kM50geF9Tlk

Try this on YouTube! this is the version I remember from the 1950s

Mpeony wrote at 2015-01-13 02:38:20
My 88 year old mother wants me (68) and my two adult children (40 and 37) to sing this song "God Bless the Postman" at her memorial service when she passes. I learned it way back when I was 6 in 1953! My mother taught it to my children as toddlers. This song means a lot to all of us!

Dave wrote at 2016-09-09 02:59:24
After, 'And bless our servicemen...please don't forget', there's the following line, 'Bless the circus acrobats and never let them fall.'

I found a copy of the song.  This was a favorite for me and my sister in the mid-50's.  Brings tears to my eyes.  Glad I'm not alone.

Oldies

Lou Simon