Oldies/Who did the oldie Leadfoot?

Fay wrote at 2009-10-07 17:39:02
You are not being put on by your dad, that was a song I use to listen to on a record.

Part of the words;  "He was clocking 97 when he passed through those pearly gates"

s-orion wrote at 2010-08-07 23:49:01
Yes, thre was an oldies tune from the fifties/early sixties called Leadfoot. It was about a guy with that nickname amd, maybe, his girlfriend. It has car sounds on the record as well. There was, even, a contest in Teen? magazine (I can still visualize the ad) to identify the car that made the sounds and as I recall, it was a '57 fuel-injected Corvete. However, I haven't been able to find out anything more, than just from my memory so far.

Good Luck in the search, too.

A Chevy dealer's son in the fifties

Darya wrote at 2011-06-26 23:42:22
My husband remembers the song and knows the words by heart....interested

darkravn wrote at 2013-06-09 01:37:04
lyrics are like this. "leadfoot didn't make it, he was 1/2 second late. But he was clockin 97 when he hit that burly(pearly) gate.

Ron wrote at 2013-08-05 01:38:37
Hello Have finally located & downloaded this song. Have been looking for it to no avail for years up until today.The song Leadfoot was recorded by country artist Don Sargent and released in 1959. It is available on the CD Twisted Tales From The Vinyl Wastelands Vol 2.This leaves me with only one hard to find 45 left which was a song released sometime between 1960-62.

I believe the title was "High School Hero." (A song about a football player who dies during the big game) Can you help???

Ron wrote at 2013-08-05 15:38:45
I've been looking for this song for a long time & finally found & downloaded it. The song "Leadfoot" was recorded by Don Sargent & released in April, 1959.It is available on the LP or CD "Twisted Tales From The Vinyl Wastelands Volume Two" I hope this helps

Kawua wrote at 2016-03-24 20:57:35
The name of the song is Leadfoit and it is by Don Sargent and The Buddies

Oldies

Sean Wright