Oldies/looking for artist

Bill wrote at 2008-12-09 17:17:41
Hello Carolyn,

You may want to try searching for "Groovy Baby" by Billy Abbott and the Jewels. I just heard it on the radio Sunday night and it sounds like they are singing "Ruby Baby". I called the radio station and the DJ said everyone makes this mistake.

Pgh. Pa.

glenn wrote at 2011-08-23 22:35:23
hello, as old as this question is, it is a good one and i think this lady was looking for "groovy baby" by bill albott and other artists. the lyric sounds like he is saying, ruby baby, but he says groovy baby.  it was posted in 08-07-08 by carolyn. thanks and hope she found it before this..

Musicrewired wrote at 2015-02-04 00:09:39
I've had this question as well, and the local radio station kept directing me to "Ruby Baby" by either Dion or the Drifters. That wasn't it. Finally, I discovered after a little digging that the song actually is "Groovy Baby" by Billy Abbott & The Jewels. The vocal still sounds like "Ruby Baby", and it hadn't occurred to me that that wasn't what was being sung.  It's on YouTube, as Amazon didn't seem to have it, and I haven't checked iTunes as of yet.

Musicrewired wrote at 2015-03-14 06:24:05
Billy Abbott and The Jewels - "Groovy Baby" , is what is being asked about.  I had thought it was "Ruby Baby" too, but it turns out it wasn't.

John Spence

I can answer most questions regarding 1950s Black Vocal Group music, called Doo Wop (Do Wop). Having lived in the era & grew up with the sounds of the early 50s.

Extensive research into 1950s doo wop and have resoures at hand to draw from..

United Group Harmony Association, Doowop Society, Doowop Corner, etc..

Discoveries Magazine, Goldmine Magazine, Kreiter's Price Guide &
Dead Wax Guide.