Oldies/Old song

tasha wrote at 2011-09-20 18:48:38
hi sharon, im not sure if my words are correct but here goes: all my dollies are laid to rest, tuffy & margarie, wendy & jill. Comfy and warm like birds in the nest, under the windowsill. See the moon is shining bright, close your eyes, goodnight goodnight.

Tuffy u rascally fellow lie there, never a whisper or mum he will moan, dont u go muffy up margarie's hair, & dont u go catching a cold. See the moon is shining bright, close ur eyes, gudnyt goodnyt.

Remember, i stand corrected because im also not 2 sure of the words. Hope this has helped you!:-)

Lindsay wrote at 2012-11-09 22:08:24
Thank you for this song I used to sing this to my mum before I went to sleep at the age of 7 I learnt this at my infant school and forgot the second verse I'm now 26 and have been searching for this every where  

keekmaster wrote at 2012-11-11 22:25:48
I knew it as:  Tuffy u rascally fellow lie still, never a whisper or mummy he will scold, dont u go messing up up margarie's hair, & dont u go catching a cold. See the moon is shining bright, close ur eyes, gudnyt goodnyt.

Sharon wrote at 2013-03-14 15:10:32
OMG I can't believe it, the song was found....thank you Lindsay and keekmaster. I guess I was feeling nostalgic at the time I wrote the question.

I now feel somehow reconnected with my mom!

Thank you, Thank you

Sharon wrote at 2013-03-21 20:33:17
Opps I fogot to thank Tasha she started it...

thank you very much...

Malcolm Rennie wrote at 2016-05-12 10:00:02
My sister used to sing this song as a 7yearold soloist with the Aberdeen Arion Junior Choir around 1942-3. She later sang it as a lullaby to me as a little baby and is one of the first songs I remember hearing.

All my dollies are laid to rest,

Tuffie and Marjory, Wendy and Jill,

Cosy and warm like birds in a nest,

Under the windowsill,

See, the moon is shining bright,

Close your eyes Good night Goodnight.

Tuffie you rascally fellow lie still,

Never a whisper or Mummy will scold,

Don't you go messing up Marjory's hair,

And don't you go catching cold.

Under the counterpane cuddle up tight,

Close you eyes, Goodnight, Goodnight.

Incidentally, my sister's name was Marjory and as a little boy I always thought she was singing about herself.

Evita wrote at 2016-07-10 18:06:24

how weird we all remember this from age 7 8 or 9 word for word!! I love this song!

I think that line is...

"Tuffy you rascal, you fell off right there,   (to rhythm with hair later on)

Pat wrote at 2016-07-10 21:33:59
I remember this song - my sister sang it in the local music festival about 1965 in Ontario, Canada. I don't remember much more of the lyrics than you do..."all my dollies are laid to rest, Fluffy (?) and Margerie, Wendy and Jill, comfy and warm, like birds in a nest under the window sill." Something about "don't you go mussing up Margerie's hair" and I remember it ends with "good night, goodnight" and I remember the Hush but no more than that either.  

Sean Wright

If you want to know who recorded what, when and how did it fare on the pop charts then give me a call! UK releases are a speciality!

I have written two catalogue books (published) on 28,000 45rpm records listing "A' & "B" side titles, Artist, Year of Release, chart placing in UK & USA. I was also Auckland's top mobile DJ for 17 years.

Inaugural President Auckland Rock n Roll Club. Inaugural President Sounds Of The Sixties Club

45rpm Records Released In NZ (co-authored with Tony Martin)

University degree (Business Management)