Oldies/ed ames and laine kazan songs

Leann wrote at 2009-04-17 05:57:11
I remember the song "The Color of Snow"  It was on an album, mostly blue, with his picture.  A few of the other tracks included "Who Will Answer", "When the Snow is on the Roses", "My Cup Runneth Over", "Try to Remember", "Bon Soir Dame".  I've been trying for years to find that album.

Leann wrote at 2009-04-17 06:18:29
Here is the album information for "Color of Snow"

Artist: Ed Ames

Title: The Best of Ed Ames

Record Label: RCA Victor

Catalog Number: LSP-4184 [Stereo]

Track Listing:

My cup runneth over

When the snow is on the roses

Try to remember

Changing, changing

Bon soir dame

Who will answer?

Time, time

Kiss her now

The color of snow

The impossible dream  

Tom Smith wrote at 2010-08-31 13:56:34
The song, The Color of Snow, was on one or two albums by Ed Ames circa 1968. I have one of them, The Best of Ed Ames with that song on it. It says the composers were "green-jones" but I too have found no reference to the song on the internet. It is a beautiful song though as most of Ames' songs were.  

M Sellers wrote at 2011-08-25 09:55:08
I have the Ed Ames album containing the song "The Color of Snow". Unfortunately, I don't have a record player any more nor the equipment to convert the album to a digital format.

Stargazer wrote at 2012-01-27 06:09:00
Hey! I'm looking at 'The Color of Snow' Ed Ames right can be purchased or even listend to online...

I entered on Google:  lyrics+"The Color of Snow"+Ed Ames.

I've got one for you guys: "Some Children See Him"...a Christmas song Ed Ames absolutely had on an album and one other woman and I were going nuts a few years ago trying to find it...I can't find it anywhere and I remember enough of the song o prove it once existed!  HELP! I could've sworn it was on the album "When The Snow IS On The Roses"...but it isn' least not now!

jasonelias wrote at 2013-02-01 07:04:54
Ed Ames had a song called "The Color Of Snow" on his 1968 LP, Ed Ames Apologize. It's from 1968.

Lou Simon

I can answer questions about many artists, songs or records from 1940-1990. I can often help with song lyrics, artist bio or other information requested

I have programmed oldies radio stations about the USA and have written for radio networks that specialize in oldies programming.