Oldies/Obscure oldies song lyrics and chords

Mikey C. wrote at 2009-06-29 01:59:04
The song you are looking for is called "Angelito". The version I think sounds closest to you to description is by Rene Y Rene.

mark wrote at 2009-07-25 00:40:29
I cannot remember the musical group, but i do know that they were a group from south Texas, i believe they were also Hispanic artists from Zapata Texas.  I too have been trying to remember the name of the group, because my parents use to play the 45 all the time

Linda wrote at 2009-11-20 16:58:54
It's a song by rene y rene called Angelito, it is half in english half in spanish.

Here's a link:

matias wrote at 2009-11-28 08:03:23
This is a bilingual song, i just heard it while listening to a Chilean radio station and thought i would google it (radio caribe). the artist is Rene Y Rene, the name of the song is Angelito

Dahlia wrote at 2009-12-30 06:50:28
Kris - the name of the song you're looking for is "Angelito" by Rene and Rene and was sung in English and Spanish.  The lyrics are on-line if you put in that remembered the lyrics very well.  Good Luck.  Dahl

Martineaux wrote at 2011-03-26 20:00:29
The tune is Angelito, by Rene y Rene(or Rene & Rene). It started running thru my mind a few days back. They also charted with "Lo Mucho Que Te Quiero", a title you won't remember, but when you hear it, you'll go "Heyyyy!!"

Lee wrote at 2011-04-09 20:23:18
OMG It was about 1964 my dad was in a band. i went to one of their rehearsals and they were learning this song. for some reason the song had a large impact on me and I kept the 45 single for many years. later on in the early 70's I found the CD again and listen to it. I loved this song. I am going to ask my dad if he knows the artist. Like you , when i get to the bridge, I'm a little bit blank.

pavlo wrote at 2011-04-26 16:06:15
Hey kris, i read this and was intrigued. after a little searching i think i found your song, its called angelito by rene y rene, heres the youtube link. hope you see this and its what you were looking for, i liked the song.

peace, pavlo

ppp wrote at 2011-09-29 02:02:11
I found it!  I found it!  It was driving me nuts.  I was listening to Rene Paulo who was a pianist.. so that wasn't right.  I finally stumbled on "Rene Y Rene - Angelito".  That's the name of the song.  The first half is in Spanish and the second half is in English.  Now I can go to sleep in peace tonight!!  Here's the link to Youtube.  Good quality!!!

san wrote at 2012-10-11 06:55:45
Hi Sean Wright, just noticed someone named Kris asked if you knew the artist to a song 'Im in love with an angel'. This song can be heard on YouTube by Rene y Rene called Angelito. They begin singing in spanish and then in english. Rene y Rene also sing a song called 'Lo mucho que te quiero'. This also starts in spanish and then in english. Some of the lyrics in english are, Believe me when I say how much I love you, believe me when I say how much I care, forgive me give me peace of mind, all I need is time to proove my love for you. Hope this helps! San

Shadow wrote at 2013-04-06 05:26:42
The song is anjelito by Rene and Rene or trini Lopez does a version as welll

Sean Wright

If you want to know who recorded what, when and how did it fare on the pop charts then give me a call! UK releases are a speciality!

I have written two catalogue books (published) on 28,000 45rpm records listing "A' & "B" side titles, Artist, Year of Release, chart placing in UK & USA. I was also Auckland's top mobile DJ for 17 years.

Inaugural President Auckland Rock n Roll Club. Inaugural President Sounds Of The Sixties Club

45rpm Records Released In NZ (co-authored with Tony Martin)

University degree (Business Management)