Oldies/Lyrics and tune of a song

kaikohe hard wrote at 2010-04-06 10:36:50
ehoa look up the hi marks and you'll get your song your looking for .in england they say will you be my queen in ireland they say youll be my collen but here new zealand the maori they say e hine me hoki mai ano .in spanish the si si siniorita in mexico they say wi wi junita but here in nz the maori they say e hine me hoki mai ano .we got an airport in mangare where the sewers run out to the seaoh what will the tourist say a panarama view of our auckland drains oh auckland in the sun biggest city in new zealand all my days i will sing and praise of the traffic regulations and theyr'e many strange ways

anon wrote at 2010-07-17 05:46:20
i know the high marks version, the song is called e hine me hoki mai anoa (island in the sun) you could look on itunes? sorry if its too late

fredstar wrote at 2012-07-08 21:39:03
yeah hi was just listening to this its a song by the hi marks showtime spectacular think its sung to an up beat version of island in the sun.

hope this helps.

mighty wrote at 2012-09-01 06:03:10

its the highmarks

Johnny wrote at 2014-05-26 06:38:42
ok I know im seriously late for this question, but the song is

E hine me hoki mai ano by The Hi Marks, crack up as song, and yes Sean you are right is an up beat song unlike "hine e hine"

you can find it on youtube, I found a copy on there if you were still after it.

Sean Wright

If you want to know who recorded what, when and how did it fare on the pop charts then give me a call! UK releases are a speciality!

I have written two catalogue books (published) on 28,000 45rpm records listing "A' & "B" side titles, Artist, Year of Release, chart placing in UK & USA. I was also Auckland's top mobile DJ for 17 years.

Inaugural President Auckland Rock n Roll Club. Inaugural President Sounds Of The Sixties Club

45rpm Records Released In NZ (co-authored with Tony Martin)

University degree (Business Management)