Oldies/song lyric

Ferosferio wrote at 2010-11-27 22:35:35
I've been trying to find this song for years......one line went something like

"Old Nasty had him by the seat of his pants

and I seen me a big man doing a dance,  

Old nasty takes up for me

Cause he's a big dog.

Michelle wrote at 2010-12-05 09:47:09
I used to have that 45 until recently.  In fact I took a picture of a bunch of my 45s before I got rid of them, and this was one darn it!

Anyhow here are some of the lyrics as I remember them:    Me and my wife and a dog named Nasty, was headed to Houston from up in Nebrasky--gettin' kinda cool up top for a man like me..................we pulled into a town called Llano, Texas, and went in a bar called the Opposite Sexes,...............................My sweet little wife weighs 200 (300?) pounds, and when she hit him, he hit the ground--she hits a little harder than me, 'cause I'm a Little Man......................................Nasty, 'cause he's a big dog.......................................well that's okay, but before you hit 'im, you'd better look around to see who's with 'im-better take a little tip from me, 'cause I'm a little man."    Sorry it's a little disjointed, but that's all I can remember.  I've been looking for this song too.   =)  

jjashel wrote at 2010-12-10 09:39:43
I remember this one too. My cousins and I used to sing it as kids.  A few more lyrics I recall.."I was sittin' at the bar about half soused, when the biggest man in the whole darn house poored a glass of beer down the front of my sweet wife's dress. Well accidents happen, so I let him alone but he done it again, so the fight was on..everybody likes to pick on me cause I'm a little man. I hit him in the belly and I hit him in the chin, but he just stood there, looked at me and grinned. And I new that I had me a wildcat by the tail"......"I hit him in the teeth with a bottle of beer and I seen his eyes begin to tear"..."Well he was beatin' my head against that floor, and I just knew he'd kill me for shure. So I called to my sweet little wife, 'Get ol' Nasty!'"

LC wrote at 2011-02-12 07:55:46
More lyrics I remember are:  Me, my wife and a dog named Nasty, headed for Houston from up in Nebrasky, gettin kind of cool up top for a man like me. Well I don't mind working in the sleet and snow, but when it gets down to 40 below that's a little to cool for me, cause I'm a little man....stopped in a town called Llano Texas, went in a bar called the Opposite Sexes, driving all night I was ready for a little nip.  Well after 14 flats and a broken transmission, we were just about ready for a little intermission, that's a little to much for me cause I'm a little man.  We were sitting at a table about half soused when the bigget man in the whole dern house poured a glass of beer down the front of my sweet wife's dress.  Well accidents happen so I let him alone, but he done it again and the fight was on everybody likes to pick on me cause I'm a little man.  Well, I hit im in the belly and I hit im the chin and he just stand there and looked at me and grinned and I knew I got me a wildcat by the tail.  Well my sweet little wife weights 200 hundred pounds and when she hit im, he hit the ground.  She hit a little harder than me cause I'm a little man.  Well he came up swingin like I figured he would and he knocked my wife just as far as he could, cross 2 tables and the end of the little boys room.   Well I hit him in the teeth with a bottle of beer and I seen his eyes begin to steer, you never underestimate a little man.  Well there were 14 cops standing outside, all of em scared to come inside and break up the fight between me, my wife and the big man.  Well he was beating my head against that floor and I just knew he'd kill me for shore, so I called on my sweet little wife, "Get oh Nasty", (barking)  Well, oh Nasty got im by the seat of his pants and I seen me a big man doing a dance.  Oh Nasty take up for me, cause I'm a little man.  Well, he turned around and made a run for the door and my sweet wife caught him with a 2 by 4 and knocked through a row of stumps.  Well, after 15 backs and 2 blocks later, oh Nasty hanging on like an alligator and we figured we'd better call him off cause he's a big dog.  Well that's the way it's been since time began, big man jumping on a little man when he greatly should be jumpin on someone his own size.  Well that's ok but the more you hit em, you better look around and see whose a winnin, better take a little tip from me cause I'm a little man.

GatoCat wrote at 2012-06-14 02:20:27
LC, you did a fine job remembering those lyrics... reminded me of the ones I'd forgotten. I'm just going to correct a few of yours. The big man hit his wife "across two tables and into the little boys' room". and I seen his eyes begin to "skeer" -- a term meaning to slide around without direction, like a car "skeering all over the road". "Row of stumps" is not right, although I can't recall what is. Ditto for "15 backs and 2 blocks later"... that wasn't it. Wish I could recall what was. And in the final lines, it's "That's okay, but before you hit him, better take a look around and see who's wit' him." Meaning, he's a little man, but he's got his 200 pound wife and ol' Nasty with him. And don't forget the Tarzan yell at the end. :)

MR Don Sir wrote at 2012-07-24 21:35:31
Well, I was going to try to help but when I couldn't read the characters in the box then I hit the reset and it cancelled all that I had done so I am going to quit. If someone wants the words as I have them then have them email me and I will try to get them to them. Oh, well, I guess I will post them again but, I think you ought to fix your site so that when the puzzle can't be read then they can get another one that they can read. To all interested, I was trying to find the artist who did the song when I came upon your site. If you know who the artist is I would like to know so I can give proper respect. Here are the words in their entirety as far as I know though there are a few places where I am not sure but at least they fit.

LITTLE MAN

?

NOW, ME AND MY WIFE AND A DOG NAMED NASTY

WAS HEADIN' FOR HOUSTON FROM UP IN NEBRASKY

GETTIN' KINDA COOL UP THERE FOR A MAN LIKE ME

NOW, I DON'T MIND WORKIN' IN THE SLEET AND THE SNOW

BUT, WHEN IT GETS DOWN TO FORTY BELOW

THAT'S A LITTLE TOO COOL FOR ME 'CAUSE I'M A LITTLE MAN

STOPPED IN A TOWN CALLED LANO TEXAS

WENT IN A BAR CALLED THE OPPOSITE SEXES

BEEN DRIVIN' ALL DAY AND READY FOR A LITTLE NIP

HAD FOURTEEN FLATS AND A BROKE TRANSMISSION

WE WAS JUST ABOUT READY FOR A LITTLE INTERMISSION

THAT'S A LITTLE TOO MUCH FOR ME 'CAUSE I'M A LITTLE MAN

WE WAS SITTIN' AT A TABLE ABOUT HALF SOUSED

WHEN THE BIGGEST MAN IN THE WHOLE DURN HOUSE

POURED A GLASS O' BEER DOWN THE FRONT OF MY SWEET WIFE'S DRESS

WELL, ACCIDENTS HAPPEN SO, I LET 'IM ALONE

BUT, HE DONE IT AGAIN AND THE FIGHT WAS ON

EVERYBODY LIKES TO PICK ON ME 'CAUSE I'M A LITTLE MAN

WELL, I HIT 'IM IN THE BELLY AND I HIT 'IM IN THE CHIN

AND HE'D JUST STAND THERE AND LOOK AT ME AND GRIN

AND I KNEW I'D GOT ME A TIGER BY THE TAIL

BUT, MY SWEET LITTLE WIFE WEIGHS TWO HUNDRED POUNDS

AND WHEN SHE HIT 'IM HE HIT THE GROUND

SHE CAN HIT A LITTLE HARDER THAN ME 'CAUSE I'M A LITTLE MAN

WELL, HE COME UP SWINGIN' LIKE I FIGURED HE WOULD

AND HE KNOCKED MY WIFE JUST AS FAR AS HE COULD

ACROSS TWO TABLES AND INTO THE LITTLE BOYS ROOM

I HIT HIM IN THE TEETH WITH A BOTTLE OF BEER

AND I SEEN HIS EYES BEGIN TO STARE

YOU DON'T NEVER WANT TO UNDERESTIMATE A LITTLE MAN

EVERYBODY IN THE PLACE BEGAN TO SCATTER

THE COULD TELL THIS LITTLE MAN WAS GETTIN' MADDER

THEY COULD TELL BY THE LOOK IN MY EYE THAT I WAS GETTIN' SORE

THERE WAS FOURTEEN COPS STANDIN' OUTSIDE

BUT, ALL OF THEM AFRAID TO COME INSIDE

AND BREAK UP THE FIGHT BETWEEN ME, MY WIFE AND THE BIG MAN

HE WAS BEATIN' MY HEAD AGIN THAT FLOOR

AND I JUST KNEW HE'D KILL ME FOR SURE

SO, I CALLED ON MY SWEET LITTLE WIFE TO GET OL' NASTY

WELL, NASTY GOT 'IM BY THE SEAT OF THE PANTS

AND I SEEN A BIG MAN DOIN' A DANCE

OL' NASTY TAKES UP FOR ME 'CAUSE I'M A LITTLE MAN

WELL, HE TURNED AROUND AND MADE A RUN FOR THE DOOR

BUT, MY SWEET WIFE CAUGHT 'IM WITH A TWO BY FOUR

RIGHT BEtween THE EYES AND KNOCKED 'IM FOR ROW OF STOOLS

WELL, FOURTEEN BITES AND TWO DROPS LATER

OL' NASTY WAS SWINGIN' LIKE AN ALLIGATOR

WE FIGURED WE'D BETTER CALL 'IM OFF 'CAUSE HE'S A BIG DOG

WELL, THAT'S THE WAY IT'S BEEN SINCE TIME BEGAN

THE BIG MAN JUMPIN' ON THE LITTLE MAN

HE'S AFRAID OF JUMPIN' ON-A SOMEBODY HIS OWN SIZE

WELL, THAT'S O. K. BUT, BEFORE YOU HIT 'IM

YOU'D BETTER LOOK AROUND AND SEE WHO'S WITH 'IM

YOU'D BETTER TAKE A LITTLE TIP FROM ME 'CAUSE I'M A LITTLE MAN

ron wrote at 2013-09-05 08:21:19
My dad is a square dance caller and he has thesong and lyrics on a 45rpm he used to sing it a couple times a year at dances I remember that song very well but the sound effect on the 45 make it even better

Larry wrote at 2014-09-04 15:18:07
I loved this song as it was on in the DFW area as well.  I only know a little bit off the first party a little of the rest of the song.

Me and my wife and my dog named Nasty

Heading to Houston from up Nebrasky

Gettin' a little too cool for a man like me

Now I don't mind workin' in the sleet and snow

But when it gets down to 40 below

It's a little too cool for me, 'cause I'm a little man

The rest of the song i can remember about his wife hitting someone and

"He hit the ground because she weighs 300 pounds

She's big 'un.

Oldies

Erick Byrd