Oldies/who sang this song?

Steve wrote at 2014-02-26 03:50:39
I am trying to research these same lyrics. Around January 1982 I recorded music from a Country station and that same song is on the tape which I am currently transferring to MP3, but it is performed by a male artist. The song starts with the following lyrics:

Tonight is the peak of my life.

I ain't never in my life before felt this way.

While we're layin' here, heart to heart, hand in hand.

I'll bet you right this minute, honey,

I'm the world's happiest man.

While I''m at my peak honey,

Love me now

Take me higher

to love me now

Don't wait another minute

Right Now...

I guess you must be looking for another performance of the same song but by a female.  I can give you more of the lyrics if it might help you find the answer you are looking for, but so far I haven't found the song anywhere on the internet.  

Steve wrote at 2014-02-26 03:56:44
To add to my previous response.  The title of the song is "Love me now"  The country version was performed by Ronnie McDowell.  I am not sure who would have done a pop version of the song.

Sean Wright

If you want to know who recorded what, when and how did it fare on the pop charts then give me a call! UK releases are a speciality!

I have written two catalogue books (published) on 28,000 45rpm records listing "A' & "B" side titles, Artist, Year of Release, chart placing in UK & USA. I was also Auckland's top mobile DJ for 17 years.

Inaugural President Auckland Rock n Roll Club. Inaugural President Sounds Of The Sixties Club

45rpm Records Released In NZ (co-authored with Tony Martin)

University degree (Business Management)