Colin wrote at 2011-06-28 03:50:05

My name is Colin and I remember this song too.I can only remember a line or two and it went as follows : Silver and blue remind me of you ....(the begining of a verse ,)then ...blue was the day when you walked away,so colour me silver and blue.-the end of a verse,no doubt.It can not be a song that was not popular and was only broardcast on a local radio station as I grew up in the country side of South Africa and heard it on our radio stations there a number of times; this was during the 1960's (1967-1968).

I have also been looking for this song for a long time but cannot find anything on it.

Mona wrote at 2011-07-21 20:34:50
I am also looking for the same song I remember it as :Silver my tears when you found someone new. The rest is correct. I think it is very old

Eugene wrote at 2011-12-10 22:38:11
I remember a part of a song as - "Silver and Blue remind me of you, Silver the tear when you met someone new. Blue was the day you walked away. Colour me Silver and Blue" But that is all that I can now recall, sorry.

Tom Bull wrote at 2013-03-10 20:51:26
Hi,i thunk that this song was sung by Jimmy Young in the mid sixties.

I hope this is of help.

Regard Tom

Kevin wrote at 2013-06-27 10:51:24
I came across your enquiry because I have the song in my head and was trying to search that I had the correct tune, but as yet I cannot any reference to it on You Tube or Wikipedia. Only your message came up on my search.

I'm sure it was a single by Jimmy Young released during the time he was a DJ (Wiki only lists his earlier chart hits). Hence late 60s or early 70s, I guess.

I believe the lyrics to verse one are:

Silver and blue, remind me of you

Silver my tears when you found someone new

Blue was the day, you went away

Colour me silver and blue

I'll continue searching as it's the tune I need to check.  

GERRI wrote at 2014-04-20 16:13:36
I think it was recorded by Jimmy Young, DJ in the UK. I remember it as:

Silver and Blue remind me of you

Blue was the day you went away

Color me silver and blue

Adele wrote at 2014-08-07 13:57:04
Hi there,

There was a song called Silver and Blue with those lyrics. It went on to say something like:

The laughter of the carousel, the lovelight in your eyes...

I was really young when I used to listen to it (about 3!) but I have never forgotten it - maybe it was a B-side?

Let me know if you ever find it.  I too am looking for it.

Koozoo wrote at 2014-11-24 13:50:58
I remember the song silver and blue remind me of you but can't remember who it was by

sds wrote at 2015-02-23 21:37:58
Hi..all I can remember of this song is "colour me silver & blue", I have been trying for ages to find out who / when it was recorded or shown on TOTPs, If my memory serves me correct I think I saw it on TOTPs when I was a child and I think a track by Albert Hammond (Im a chuka train) from the Never rains in Southern California L.P was also shown on TOTP, the reason I remember is that my Grandad and Uncle had an arguement as to which were the most silliest lyrics, and although I was a child at the time both lyrics have stuck in my mind mainly due to their heated arguement, I have never heard either song since that day probably over 40 years ago, any help would be grateful.

Anne Crofts wrote at 2015-03-10 13:47:47
This was sung by Jimmy Young, sometime in the 1960s.

Sandra wrote at 2015-08-24 17:25:20
Google jimmy young (5) discography and type in silver and blue. It comes up and was released in 1968. It gives catalogue ? No and I think you can get copies. Hope this helps.

Sean Wright

If you want to know who recorded what, when and how did it fare on the pop charts then give me a call! UK releases are a speciality!

I have written two catalogue books (published) on 28,000 45rpm records listing "A' & "B" side titles, Artist, Year of Release, chart placing in UK & USA. I was also Auckland's top mobile DJ for 17 years.

Inaugural President Auckland Rock n Roll Club. Inaugural President Sounds Of The Sixties Club

45rpm Records Released In NZ (co-authored with Tony Martin)

University degree (Business Management)