Oldies/SAMMY KAY

Friend of Ray wrote at 2014-07-01 23:56:20
There was also a Ray Lamere that sang with Sammy Kaye. Ray Michaels however was not Don Cornell. Ray was of Lebanese ancestry but I do not remember his original name. He married a show girl from Las Vegas and moved back to Brooklyn New York where we became friends. If you are able to find a picture of him you will notice he bore an uncanny resemblance to Tony Curtis and I believe actually doubled for him in a few movies.  

JConstantin99 wrote at 2014-11-28 22:18:18
It's been some time since the original post but I just came across it. I must clear the record. Ray Michaels was my uncle. He replaced Don Cornell as a primary vocalist with the Sammy Kaye Orchestra.

Oldies

John Congemi