Oldies/old country song

Mongo wrote at 2013-03-29 16:31:58
The movie was "The Moonshine War" (sometimes heard with "of 1932") starring Alan Alda, Richard Widmark, and Patrick McGoohan...really a film worth seeing!!!...an interesting note is that the song in question is on the flip of "All For the Love of Sunshine" which played as Oddball (Donald Sutherland) and the boys come smokin' out of the railroad tunnel in "Kelly's Heroes."

Icepick Don wrote at 2013-04-22 02:34:36

I have had this song in my head for to long and I would like the name and artist please. "In Louisville Kentucky back in 32 a young man named son martin was making mountain brew if it weren't for his whiskey he wouldn't have a dime but two more months till Roosevelt and that would be the end of moonshine"

This is the link to "The Ballad Of The Moonshine" by Hank Williams Jr.. Sorry have not found the lyrics..

JB wrote at 2015-06-21 02:16:16
I have a copy of this 45 RPM single.  It is a promotional disk for Disk Jockeys'.  What would you like to know?

Erick Byrd

I can answer all questions related to hit songs and pop artists of the rock and roll era. My specialty is U.S. Billboard Top 40 chart history and one hit wonders from 1950's through the 90's. I can also research lyrics to songs. I am more knowledgeable in the area of pop and rock songs, but I am willing to research soul and country songs. I cannot answer questions relating to classical, jazz, or rap songs. Also, I'm not an expert on music videos.

I am an avid reader of Joel Whitburn Top 40 books and a collector of all pop and rock hit songs.

My educational credentials include a college degree in history and over twenty-five years of life experience as a fan of popular music.