Oldies/Trying to find two songs.

Question
Dear Mr. Simon, When I was in high school way back in the 70's I was listening to this radio station out of Canada they played a parody of the Who hit My Generation. It was My Radiation, people say they don't want us around because we're going to meltdown, my radiation. Can you tell me the name of the group that did this parody and is there some place where I can purchase this?

In the early 80's there was a band the Foreign Objects, I think they where from Boston, MA. They did a song Not to Cool/SGT Saunders, I would like to find this song and add it to my music collect. Thanks for your help.

Sincerely,

John

Answer
Hi John

The Foreign Objects recording you're seeking was, indeed, from around 1980 in the Boston area. Their work, leading off with that song, is available on a compilation CD on the Dino label. You can buy it direct from the manufacturer at this site:

http://dinorecords.com

Click on "jukebox".....then click on "bands".....then click on "foreign objects"....and you'll see their CD with your song as cut one.

As far as a parody of My Generation, I'm sorry that you've got me on that one. Could have been a local or homegrown project or part of a subscription comedy service that many radio stations got parody songs from in that decade.

Thanks for asking,

Lou  

Oldies

Lou Simon