Oldies/Going crazy looking for this oldie song, loving you

Hi Jim,

I'm in Canada as well and listen to the oldies station here in Toronto. I heard a song back in June that I couldn't remember any lyrics then they popped in my head the other night and i'm going crazy trying to find this song. The song is sung by a man or even a group of them, for some reason a british group is coming to mind but not sure. Here are some of the lyrics:

"Loving you....ah huh huh..oh oh oh loving you"
"the best times would have been you, loving you"

And for some reason i think these may also have been part of the song:
All the good times in my life were spent with you
All my memories with you
All the best times were golden
At the end of the day i'd be happy with you
something to do with the sunrise or sunset
something to do with the singer being broke but happy if he had her
and i think by the end of the song she left!

I really hope you can help me out, its driving me nuts and i'm usually good at finding these songs! I really appreciate it!

The best I can do is refer you to the song Loving You by Minnie Ripperton. However, the first line of that song is "Loving you is easy 'cuz you're beautiful." The only other song I know of by that title is one Elvis did. Hope this helps you retain your sanity.          I hate to see a good Canadian go crazy but I'm still drawing a blank on that song. I'm sure you'll hear it again sometime, though, and your peace of mind will be restored.
Then maybe you can tell ME the name of it.          Jim  

Jim Ervin

I have a good general knowledge of oldies rock and roll, traditional country and some pop music up until the late '60s and especially pre British invasion stuff. Automotive songs are a specialty of mine and I love Doowop and R&B oldies.

I had my own radio program on a local volunteer station, CJSF, from 2001-03, in which I played automotive related music from my own collection as well as spoke about the latest old car shows in my area. I'm also a singer/songwriter with 3 songs recorded on CD and many more I'd like to record.

I'm a member of S.O.C.A.N. and a local old car club, Lions Gate Model A Ford Club. I'm also a past member of the Pacific Bluegrass & Heritage Society as well as a songwriters group.

My writing appeared for 16 years in a national Canadian newspaper called Old Autos, published twice monthly. In it, I published stories on every automotively related song I knew of. For instance I did an extensive article on the many group names which took their names from car makes and models,

Pop and rock music history was taught as a part of the radio broadcasting course I took at B.C.I.T.