Oldies/old song

back in the late 40's , early 50's my mother had a lot of 78 records.  one of my favorites  was a song that was titled i think  ( loralie ),  it had the lyrics of---  (loralie loralie , only sad echos answer, an echo that tells me goodbye,)   that is all i can really remember.  the old 78 record has long been gone now but i would like to try and find one somewhere.  i was hoping that you could tell me the title and the artist that recorded it and the year  thank you

Hi Ernie

You might be referring to Marty Robbins' early recording, Lorelai.

Listen to it for free here:

Recorded back in 1951, it might well fit the time frame you're speaking of.

The recording is included in a 3 CD set that I noticed at a reasonable price online.

Thanks for asking,

Lou Simon

I can answer questions about many artists, songs or records from 1940-1990. I can often help with song lyrics, artist bio or other information requested

I have programmed oldies radio stations about the USA and have written for radio networks that specialize in oldies programming.