Oldies/The song Uneasy rideer

The song uneasy rider ? How many versions are there ? & Who where the artist ?

Hi Darrell,

"Uneasy Rider" was composed and originally recorded by Charlie Daniels, reaching the #9 position in the Billboard Hot 100 chart in 1973. Note: The original single was credited to "Charlie Daniels", but subsequent compilations credit "The Charlie Daniels Band". Here's a link to a YouTube recording:

Easy Rider was covered by country swing band BR5-49 in 2000. Theirs is a live version and is the only cover version by a notable artist that I'm aware of.

The Charlie Daniels Band recorded an updated version of the song in 1988, called "Uneasy Rider '88", with a similar style and theme, but with different lyrics. The original version was about escaping from a redneck bar and the 1988 version has the band escaping a gay bar. Here's a link to a recording of the newer version:

Erick Byrd

I can answer all questions related to hit songs and pop artists of the rock and roll era. My specialty is U.S. Billboard Top 40 chart history and one hit wonders from 1950's through the 90's. I can also research lyrics to songs. I am more knowledgeable in the area of pop and rock songs, but I am willing to research soul and country songs. I cannot answer questions relating to classical, jazz, or rap songs. Also, I'm not an expert on music videos.

I am an avid reader of Joel Whitburn Top 40 books and a collector of all pop and rock hit songs.

My educational credentials include a college degree in history and over twenty-five years of life experience as a fan of popular music.