Oldies/Trying to find a song title & artist.

Question
Just recently, I heard this song on one of my local radio stations(magic 104.1, Oklahoma City,OK.) but the station would never say what the title or artist of this song was but I all I can remember right now are these lyrics that go like this; "Just for a moment I was back in school, felt that old familiar pain" (I think it said pain in that last part anyway but I'm not completely sure) but if you might know what the title and artist of this song is I'd greatly appreciate it, thanks.

Answer
Hello again David,

The song is "Same Old Lang Syne" by Dan Fogelberg. It's a wonderful bittersweet song that's usually played around the holidays, because of the setting of the story, but I've never thought of it as strictly a holiday song. It reached #9 on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart, peaking the last week of 1980.  Here's a YouTube recording: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmVXYOJzAJM

Thanks,
Erick

Oldies

Erick Byrd