Oldies/The song please circa 1963

Bing Crosby recorded the song Please. I heard the same song while a Marine in Japan in 1964 but it was recorded by a female. I thought it was Sarah Vaughn but can not find it in her list of recordings. Help!!! Thanks.

Hi Charles,

"Please" was sung by Kate Smith on her Kate Smith At Carnegie Hall LP, released in 1963, as part of a medley: Please/Don't Blame Me/Fine And Dandy.  This may be what you had heard in 1964. I cannot find any other female cover versions around this time period, so hopefully this is it.  Unfortunately, I can't locate a recording online to help you verify.

Erick Byrd

I can answer all questions related to hit songs and pop artists of the rock and roll era. My specialty is U.S. Billboard Top 40 chart history and one hit wonders from 1950's through the 90's. I can also research lyrics to songs. I am more knowledgeable in the area of pop and rock songs, but I am willing to research soul and country songs. I cannot answer questions relating to classical, jazz, or rap songs. Also, I'm not an expert on music videos.

I am an avid reader of Joel Whitburn Top 40 books and a collector of all pop and rock hit songs.

My educational credentials include a college degree in history and over twenty-five years of life experience as a fan of popular music.