Oldies/lyrics

Question
song from the early 60s ( i think )   he'll be at the party tomorrow night, I'd go there myself but it wouldn't be right, but if you see him there, please tell him that i care and that i want him back again tell him that and then tell me what he says

Answer
Hi Sherwood,

"Tell Me What He Said" was a 1962 hit single in England by Helen Shapiro. Here in America, it had been done two years earlier by Ginny Arnell as a flipside of a record that didn't do well...and a group called The Playmates (the group that had a hits like Beep Beep) also recorded it, changing the "he" to a "she"..but not much became of that either.

Here is the Ginny Arnell version for your enjoyment:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsdTvuD7k0E

Thanks for asking,

Lou

Oldies

Lou Simon