Oldies/forgotten 70's country song

There is a country 70's song I remember as a kid and can not find anywhere on the net who did it or the correct title of the song.

"Whatcha gonna do when the lightning strikes and you can't get to sleep at night;
blah blah blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah;

Turn on the TV but nothin's on I just can't seem to get any release;

You take a woman, take a man; light the fire in the frying pan,
it's about to get outta hand when the fire gets hot;

uou may never see your lover again, so you go lookin' for another friend, it's about to get out of hand when the fire gets hot.

so any clue?  it was about the same time frame as when "baby boy" came out. thank you for your time.

Hi Badintense,

The song you're looking for is "When The Fire Gets Hot" by Zella Lehr, which reached #31 on the Billboard Hot Country Singles chart in 1978.  It was the follow up to her biggest hit, a cover of Dolly Parton's "Two Doors Down" which reached #7 earlier that year. Here is a link to a YouTube recording of the song:

Erick Byrd

I can answer all questions related to hit songs and pop artists of the rock and roll era. My specialty is U.S. Billboard Top 40 chart history and one hit wonders from 1950's through the 90's. I can also research lyrics to songs. I am more knowledgeable in the area of pop and rock songs, but I am willing to research soul and country songs. I cannot answer questions relating to classical, jazz, or rap songs. Also, I'm not an expert on music videos.

I am an avid reader of Joel Whitburn Top 40 books and a collector of all pop and rock hit songs.

My educational credentials include a college degree in history and over twenty-five years of life experience as a fan of popular music.