Oldies/Nursery Rhymes.

Dear Jim

What could be the probable reason for Out of so many Nursery Rhymes, most of the children like the following nursery rhymes
mentioned below

1. Baa, Baa, Black Sheep
2. Humpty Dumpty
3. Jack and Jill
4. London Bridge Is Falling Down
5. Mary Had a Little Lamb
6. Ring a Ring o' Roses
7. Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
8. I hear Thunder

Could the reason may be due to : The above rhymes are easy to interpret, learn, grasp, remember  unlike other nursery rhymes by children ?

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

I don't know the poem "I Hear Thunder" and the sound system has stopped working on my computer so I can't listen to the link which was included. However, I believe that all the other poems are also songs and as such, that makes them much easier to remember. I find this to be  especially true in the case of "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" which became a beautiful doowop rock & roll song.

Jim Ervin

I have a good general knowledge of oldies rock and roll, traditional country and some pop music up until the late '60s and especially pre British invasion stuff. Automotive songs are a specialty of mine and I love Doowop and R&B oldies.

I had my own radio program on a local volunteer station, CJSF, from 2001-03, in which I played automotive related music from my own collection as well as spoke about the latest old car shows in my area. I'm also a singer/songwriter with 3 songs recorded on CD and many more I'd like to record.

I'm a member of S.O.C.A.N. and a local old car club, Lions Gate Model A Ford Club. I'm also a past member of the Pacific Bluegrass & Heritage Society as well as a songwriters group.

My writing appeared for 16 years in a national Canadian newspaper called Old Autos, published twice monthly. In it, I published stories on every automotively related song I knew of. For instance I did an extensive article on the many group names which took their names from car makes and models,

Pop and rock music history was taught as a part of the radio broadcasting course I took at B.C.I.T.