Oldies/oldies 1950's Doris Day

Question
In 1950, Doris Day appeared in the movie musical, "Tea For Two"' A 10" Lp was released of the movie music.  My question is about the first song called "Here in My Arms".  It is a beautiful ballad all right, but in a re-look at the movie, it was not sung at any time nor was it played as an instrumental, Yet, the song is listed in the sound track credits as well.
WHAT GIVES?  Why is it not in the movie??

Answer
Hi Mike

The Tea For Two 10" on Columbia was in commemoration of the movie but wasn't a soundtrack LP. Warners was still years away from starting a record company so there was no LP in coordination with the film. Columbia had Doris go in and record some songs from the film with staffer Axel Stordahl and they threw in a few other chestnuts like the Rodgers & Hart tune you're referring to. In other words, it was a Doris Day album...with re-recorded songs from the movie...but not all the songs from the movie...and some filler..causing the confusion you've noted here.

The songs is erroneously listed as part of the movie on some web sites, which got their info from the TFT LP...not from the movie itself.

Thanks for asking,

Lou

Oldies

Lou Simon