Oldies/Specific alternative lyrics to a certain song

Hello Steve,

For the popular oldie song "In the Good Old Summertime", there has been alternative lyrics composed, I know not when nor by whom nor for what purpose.  Part of the alternative lyrics go as follows:

. . . .  dear old girl,
And that's a very good sign,
In the good old summertime.

I would be grateful for any other information regarding this version, as I have none at all.

Hopefully yours,

Hi David - Songs like that are open parodied or singers improvise lyrics. You only gave me 3 changed words so I can't help much. The original copyrighted published words are here:

I'm sorry for delay in answering. I was on 2 week vacation and forgot to change my "vacation setting" for AllExperts.

Steve Ramm

My expertise is in REAL OLDIES from 1890s- 1930. 78s as well as Edison Cylinders. I can also answer some Phonograph questions though I'm not a repair person

35 years of collecting as well as reviewing reissues of this material. I've taught a number of antique classes on early record collecting.

Member of various phonograph societies around the world as well as the Association for Recorded Sound Collections (ARSC)

Discoveries, Antique Phonograph News, In The Groove