Oldies/Sort of Spanish Hit Song from the 70s

I can't for the life of me find the song by a female with lyrics "It is true, it is true. It IS true ue…."

I believe it was a pretty big hit. The song verses, I think, were sung in Spanish but the chorus, "It is true" was in English. It was a pretty inspiring song from what I remember. Not sure if it was a latin singer or what.

Any help would be great. Thanks!

Hi Jeff

The song Eres Tu was a 1974 hit for Mocedades (1973 in Europe..1974 in USA). It's a very beautiful song completely sung in Spanish. The title line certainly could be mistaken for "Is It True".
The flipside, as I recall, was an English language translation called "Touch The Wind".

Here it is:

Thanks for asking,

Lou Simon

I can answer questions about pop music from the 1950's, 1960's, 1970's and 1980's. I can help track down hard to find songs based on lyric fragments or other minimal information. I was an expert in this field but due to a family situation, was away from e-mail for a couple of weeks and forgot to put in a vacation listing with AllExperts.

I have been answering questions for this site for a few years. It would be nice to be reinstated. I have no idea how many questions I have answered but many people have written to me to say how I have touched their lives by helping them locate a song that is important to them or a loved one.

I am a college graduate.