Oldies/song title please

there is this song i have been trying to remember for years.

this girl is on the phone with her friend that is going to a party with her ex boyfriend.

she is like:

and if you see him there, please tell him that I care.........dadada

at a party

Hi Kari,

I think I might have found the song you're looking for. It's "Tell Me What He Said" written by Jeff Barry.  It was originally released by Ginny Arnell in 1960 as the b-side of her single "Look Who's Talkin" and later released by Helen Shapiro in 1962. Shapiro's version reached #2 in the UK. Here is a link to a YouTube recording of the Arnell version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsdTvuD7k0E

Erick Byrd

I can answer all questions related to hit songs and pop artists of the rock and roll era. My specialty is U.S. Billboard Top 40 chart history and one hit wonders from 1950's through the 90's. I can also research lyrics to songs. I am more knowledgeable in the area of pop and rock songs, but I am willing to research soul and country songs. I cannot answer questions relating to classical, jazz, or rap songs. Also, I'm not an expert on music videos.

I am an avid reader of Joel Whitburn Top 40 books and a collector of all pop and rock hit songs.

My educational credentials include a college degree in history and over twenty-five years of life experience as a fan of popular music.