Oldies/find song from partial lyrics

In my husband's last letter to me before he died he used this quote...said it was from a favorite song of his.

"And I counted every memory you and I have ever made"

Hope you can identify the song.  Thank you!!

Hi Sue
So sorry to hear of your deep loss.
That line of lyric isn't familiar to me.
The closest I can think of is from a 1996 Celine Dion single written by Jim Steinman called "It's All Coming Back To Me Now".
However, the line in the song is "And I banished every memory you and I had ever made".
It's a great song and record and he may well have loved it.
I know I do.

The song is about someone who loses the one they love and is happy with the separation...until they see the person again and the old feelings all come back and become real.

There is a chance his feelings had nothing to do with the song's meaning and he just loved the line, exchanging the word "counted" for "banished".

That is the only song I can think of with a line like that.

I hope this helps.

Lou Simon

I can answer questions about pop music from the 1950's, 1960's, 1970's and 1980's. I can help track down hard to find songs based on lyric fragments or other minimal information. I was an expert in this field but due to a family situation, was away from e-mail for a couple of weeks and forgot to put in a vacation listing with AllExperts.

I have been answering questions for this site for a few years. It would be nice to be reinstated. I have no idea how many questions I have answered but many people have written to me to say how I have touched their lives by helping them locate a song that is important to them or a loved one.

I am a college graduate.