Oldies/tattoo of usa on womans body

who sang the song about tattoo of USA on female body.  listened to it in the late 50's or early 60's .  I want to say Ferlin Husky or Farion Young.  I would like the name of the artist and the lyrics to the song.

Hi Linda

That's Skeets McDonald. He did it on the B-side of his 78 RPM release "Mean And Evil Blues".
I'm sure others did it, as well (Homer And Jethro did it on an LP that I recall) but this is the original. Skeets wrote the song, as well.

Hear it here for free:

Once I married a tattooed lady
Twas on a dark and windy day
And tattooed all around her body
Was a man of the good ol' USA
And every night before I'd go to sleep
I'd jerk back the covers and I'd take a peek:
Upon her leg was Minnesota,
On her knee was Tennessee,
And tattooed on her back
Was good old Rack-em-Sack (Arkansas)
The place where I long to be.
And on her (wolf whistle) was West Virginia
Through those hills I just love to roam around;
But when I saw the moonlight on her Mississippi
That's when I recognized my home sweet home.

Thanks for asking,

Lou Simon

I can answer questions about pop music from the 1950's, 1960's, 1970's and 1980's. I can help track down hard to find songs based on lyric fragments or other minimal information. I was an expert in this field but due to a family situation, was away from e-mail for a couple of weeks and forgot to put in a vacation listing with AllExperts.

I have been answering questions for this site for a few years. It would be nice to be reinstated. I have no idea how many questions I have answered but many people have written to me to say how I have touched their lives by helping them locate a song that is important to them or a loved one.

I am a college graduate.