Oldies/Trying to find a song with some lyrics

between  58 and 61 I believe .
Went like this :
Pardon me , but may I ask your name, I don't mean to be fresh, pardon me  .

help , please

Hi Mike,

I think you may be looking for "Pardon Me" by Billy Bland. It was released in 1960 as the b-side to the single "You Were Born To Be Loved", one of his failed follow-ups to his only Top 40 single, "Let The Little Girl Dance" (#7). Interestingly, even though it was the b-side to "You Were Born To Be Loved" (which only reached #94 on the Billboard US Hot 100), "Pardon Me" managed to reach #81 in the competing Cash Box chart. Here is a link to a YouTube recording of "Pardon Me":  

Erick Byrd

I can answer all questions related to hit songs and pop artists of the rock and roll era. My specialty is U.S. Billboard Top 40 chart history and one hit wonders from 1950's through the 90's. I can also research lyrics to songs. I am more knowledgeable in the area of pop and rock songs, but I am willing to research soul and country songs. I cannot answer questions relating to classical, jazz, or rap songs. Also, I'm not an expert on music videos.

I am an avid reader of Joel Whitburn Top 40 books and a collector of all pop and rock hit songs.

My educational credentials include a college degree in history and over twenty-five years of life experience as a fan of popular music.