Oldies/Songs, your Lyrics game

Hello Lou -

My name is Joe Andrews, and I am the author of 2 books about Music  (including Classic Rock and Roll)

There are a handful songs in the Rick and Roll Era, which have a title (of the song) which is not part of the lyrics of that song.

Example -  "Positively 4th Street" by Bob Dylan

"A Lover's Concerto"  by The Toys

"The Rain, The Park, and Other Things"  by The Cowsills.

Can you think of any others?

Rare bird, indeed!

Also, do you have a daytime phone #?  i would like to talk to you about a Music Trivia Game, and a deck of cards for the game.

My number is 781 - 454 - 6666

By the eay, I like your Popular Oldies Lyics deck.

Best regards,

- JoeA

Hi Joe
It depends on how technical you want to be. Example: The Four Tops say Reach Out and I'll Be There in Reach Out I'll Be There...but they never say Reach Out I'll Be There.
Technically, Steam never says Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye.
But there are many others that are more clear cut...Ode To Billie Joe, Gimme Little Sign,  The Chipmunk Song, The Ballad Of John & Yoko...and there are countless songs that were named for their Theme From Valley Of The Dolls. Depends on how you want to play it.

I'll try to give you a call when schedule permits.

Thanks for asking,

Lou Simon

I can answer questions about many artists, songs or records from 1940-1990. I can often help with song lyrics, artist bio or other information requested

I have programmed oldies radio stations about the USA and have written for radio networks that specialize in oldies programming.