Oldies/Last Saturday's Show at 1:00PM

On Saturday, June 14th at 1:00PM Central time your show came on.  In the back ground of your opening there is was an instrumental song playing.  Could you possibly tell me what the song is and by what artist?  I am desperate to find out.  My wife's mother just passed away and I know this will help her.  Whatever that music was she loved it.  It was on too short of a time for me to Shazam it from my phone.  Can you help?

Thank you!

Joel & Patricia

Hi Joel and Patricia
So sorry to hear of your recent loss.
June 14....that was the 1967 the opening theme was Soul Finger by The Bar-Kays. It's not a soothing song but I assume that's the one you heard.
A great Memphis funk tune, if it brings you some solace.....well...there ya have it.
Here is a link to the song on youtube:

Again, sorry to hear you're going through a difficult time.

Lou Simon

I can answer questions about many artists, songs or records from 1940-1990. I can often help with song lyrics, artist bio or other information requested

I have programmed oldies radio stations about the USA and have written for radio networks that specialize in oldies programming.