Oldies/Last Saturday's Show at 1:00PM

Question
Lou,

On Saturday, June 14th at 1:00PM Central time your show came on.  In the back ground of your opening there is was an instrumental song playing.  Could you possibly tell me what the song is and by what artist?  I am desperate to find out.  My wife's mother just passed away and I know this will help her.  Whatever that music was she loved it.  It was on too short of a time for me to Shazam it from my phone.  Can you help?

Thank you!

Joel & Patricia

Answer
Hi Joel and Patricia
So sorry to hear of your recent loss.
June 14....that was the 1967 show...so the opening theme was Soul Finger by The Bar-Kays. It's not a soothing song but I assume that's the one you heard.
A great Memphis funk tune, if it brings you some solace.....well...there ya have it.
Here is a link to the song on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEjjKNyeGt0

Again, sorry to hear you're going through a difficult time.
Lou

Oldies

Lou Simon