Oldies/No. 2's That Never Made No. 1

Question
Can't believe that Gary Puckett and The Union Gap's two Number 2's in 1968 were excluded: Young Girl and Lady Willpower?? Please comment.

Answer
Hi Rich

Always feel free to direct any thoughts or questions regarding the Survey show to its e-mail address, which is 60ssurvey@siriusxm.com.
It's the best way to communicate with us about the show.

While the statistic you're quoting is accurate in Billboard magazine, we said on the show that if a song hit #1 on any of the three major charts, it was not eligible for the list. It's not a Billboard show but, rather, a national overview.

Both Young Girl and Lady Willpower spent a few weeks each at #1 in both Cashbox and Record World. Therefore, we did not include them in the list.

Thanks for listening,

Lou

Oldies

Lou Simon