Oldies/No. 2's That Never Made No. 1

Can't believe that Gary Puckett and The Union Gap's two Number 2's in 1968 were excluded: Young Girl and Lady Willpower?? Please comment.

Hi Rich

Always feel free to direct any thoughts or questions regarding the Survey show to its e-mail address, which is
It's the best way to communicate with us about the show.

While the statistic you're quoting is accurate in Billboard magazine, we said on the show that if a song hit #1 on any of the three major charts, it was not eligible for the list. It's not a Billboard show but, rather, a national overview.

Both Young Girl and Lady Willpower spent a few weeks each at #1 in both Cashbox and Record World. Therefore, we did not include them in the list.

Thanks for listening,

Lou Simon

I can answer questions about many artists, songs or records from 1940-1990. I can often help with song lyrics, artist bio or other information requested

I have programmed oldies radio stations about the USA and have written for radio networks that specialize in oldies programming.