Oldies/SAM COOKE & LOU RAWLS

Question
Lou,
Being a musician, I have a pretty good ear,.....I believe, I'm hearing, a young Lou Rawls on backup, on Sam's 1962 hit,
"Havin' A Party." Mr. Rawls has a very distinctive voice, and I think, that's who I'm hearing behind Sam.......If so, do you know if Lou was featured on any other hit songs?
Can you shed any light on this? I imagine, there were many backup singers who eventually went on to huge solo careers.
Thanks Lou,
JOHN

Answer
Hi John
Lou is singing backup on both sides of that Sam Cooke single: Having A Party and Bring It On Home To Me.
They were close friends. Lou wasn't a back-up singer, per se.
Do call in to Talk Talk with some of your questions so others can join in.
Thanks
Lou

Oldies

Lou Simon