Oldies/Song titled "Whispering"

Back around 1955 or so, my father would play a 78 RPM of "Whispering".
I am hoping you will know who recorded it.
I am not sure what year it was recorded, could be from the late 40's maybe? The beginning lyric is "Whispering while you cuddle near me, Whispering so no one can hear me".
Thanks for any help you can give me on this. It would be so awesome to hear it again.

Now here's a song which I actually can tell you something about, maybe because it's been covered only about a million times. But that's because of it's original beautiful creativity. I searched through my sheet music collection and found that it was originally recorded in 1920 with lyrics by Malvin Schonberger and the music by John Schonberger (his brother?). The amount of cover versions are all you need to know that this song was a hit. Some of the covers are by Jock McDermott & his band (with xylophone), Paul Whitman & his Ambassador Orchestra, Benny Goodman (on claranet), Les Paul & Mary Ford (1951), Whispering Jack Smith, Chet Atkins, also The Pied Pipers (1940's). Somewhere I suspect there was a doowop version done as well but I couldn't find it. This song is long overdue for another cover version.

Jim Ervin

I have a good general knowledge of oldies rock and roll, traditional country and some pop music up until the late '60s and especially pre British invasion stuff. Automotive songs are a specialty of mine and I love Doowop and R&B oldies.

I had my own radio program on a local volunteer station, CJSF, from 2001-03, in which I played automotive related music from my own collection as well as spoke about the latest old car shows in my area. I'm also a singer/songwriter with 3 songs recorded on CD and many more I'd like to record.

I'm a member of S.O.C.A.N. and a local old car club, Lions Gate Model A Ford Club. I'm also a past member of the Pacific Bluegrass & Heritage Society as well as a songwriters group.

My writing appeared for 16 years in a national Canadian newspaper called Old Autos, published twice monthly. In it, I published stories on every automotively related song I knew of. For instance I did an extensive article on the many group names which took their names from car makes and models,

Pop and rock music history was taught as a part of the radio broadcasting course I took at B.C.I.T.